Minnesota – An Analytics Leader
Minnesota is a leader in data, big data and analytics. Professional associations, colleges, government agencies, companies and individuals are fueling the growth. Please contact me, if you have an announcment or story for the Minnesota Data and Analytics Community.
The Minnesota Chapter of DAMA International™ is a non-profit organization that promotes education in the areas of data and analytics. Educational meetings are conducted monthly. In addition, the chapter hosts an annual DAMA Day which provides a full day of education. With a membership of over 700, the DAMA chapter helps to make Minnesota a leader in data and analytics.
Check DAMA Minnesota's website for additional information.
Big Data Analytics Meetups in Minnesota
Minnesotans love to gather to share and learn about data analytics. These Big Data Meetups are a great way to learn and to network with fellow Minnesota people and companies who have a big data analytics focus. Big Data Meetup groups include:
- Minnetonka Big Data Analytics Meetup - great data mining information
- Minnesota Big Data Developers
- SAS Users Group
- Twin Cities Data Visualization Group
- Twin Cities Enterprise NoSQL
- Twin Cities In-memory Computing
- Twin Cities Predictive Modeling and Machine Learning Meetup
There are many more Meetups on this subject and more. Be a contributor and join in to the community that is the best fit for you.
Minneanalytics is a non-profit organization that promotes Minnesota leadership in analytics. It promotes multiple events each year that include multiple speakers on topics such as:
- Healthcare Analytics
- Predictive Analytics
- Big Data
- Data Warehouse
TDWI Minnesota Chapter
TDWI (The Data Warehousing Institute) is a national education and training organization that focuses on data and analytics. The purpose of the Minneapolis Chapter is to enable local BI/DW professionals to:
- Meet regularly (usually quarterly) with each other on a regional basis
- Share best practices in a small group setting
- Establish a strong network of peers
- Gain technical advice and career direction